Sunday, October 17, 2010

Playdate Cafe and Our Daily Bread Design...Anything Goes!!!


Good morning!!! I hope your weekend is treating you well!!! Mine has been pretty quite with children busy away from home and Hubs on a short hunting trip. I was able to make a small dent in my Christmas cards yesterday and I whipped up this little beauty, which I actually got up out of bed last night at around 10:30 because I couldn't stop thinking about it. I am really pleased with how it turned out!!

This card was inspired by the wonderful color challenge of the Playdate Cafe....
How about these guys ??? I love this combination and it is soo different. Great choices this week Playdate Cafe!!!

Our Daily Bread Design is challenging us this week with an Anything Goes challenge. The only stipulation is that you are asked to use ODBD as your main image.

Without further ado....Here she is....

The border punch frame was a wee bit tricky, but last night I was up for the challenge. You know how you can only punch paper with those things is 1 3/4 increments? Well, after I punched out the 3 1/4 x 5 inch square for the Kraft border, I cut it apart and put it together myself, for an accurate layer. Here is a different angle.
Here are is a list of supplies that I used on my card:
Card Stock: Aqua Mist (PTI); Very Vanilla, Kraft, Marina Mist (Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Scripture Series 4 (Our Daily Bread Design); Daisy Patch Designs (Heartfelt Creations)
Ink: Tuxedo Memento Black; Chocolate Chip Craft (Stampin' Up); Copic Markers (B00, B45, YG25)
Extras: Stardust Stickles (Ranger), Pearls (Recollections); Mint Green Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Detail White EP (craft supply)

You still have plenty of time to play in both of these challenges!!

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!
<span class=

13 comments:

Ruby said...

A lovely card for our challenge! The border is so pretty and what a great idea to cut it apart to make it work for you! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Wendy!! This is stunning! I so love the flowers on the corners, the blue and the frame you created to frame that beautiful verse!! Look at all those pearls. So elegant!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light Anything Goes Challenge this week!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, WOW, Wendy, you are pleased with how this card turned out? Let me tell you it is GORGEOUS!!! Everything on this BEAUTY is in the right spot, from the pearls, the punched edges to the choice of scripture and those flowers....OMGosh..stunning! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful frames around the lovely sentiment. Love the use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with the PDCC.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful use of this weeks colors. Wonderful framed sentiment and added flowers and flourishes. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Kristi said...

May I say....ooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. YOu do great work girlfriend!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh PRETTY card - love those soothing colors! Thank you for joining us at the ODBDSLC!

Andrea Ewen said...

Very creative! Where there's a will... you know the rest! Awesome focal piece and I love those floral adornments. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Lovely layers - and a verse of great promise!

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh this is so, so pretty! I love the flowers, and the punched papers look fab :) Glad you enjoyed the play date colours so much, thanks for playing :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY--all those pearls and that border punch....plus those flowers--FABBBBBBBBBBB! LOVE it:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the PDCC!!

Pati said...

Very pretty! Wonderful, soft colors and frames. I love those flowers on it too!

Kelley said...

Wendy, awesome colors and I love the frame!! Beautiful!!!!