Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas from Dreamweaver Stencils

Merry Christmas!!

Just a few more days until Christmas!! 

I have a super quick and easy card to share with you this morning.

Our Dream Team Color Challenge this week is Burgundy and Gold! 

Dreamweaver122211

I have been super busy with the holiday season and I needed to make this one last card in a lurch, so I spritzed Bright Gold Memory Mist onto Burgundy cardstock and placed the Merry Christmas stencil (LL386) over the top of the mist.  I pasted with Metallic Gold Embossing Paste and set aside to dry.  When the gold paste was wet, it was a nice goldy, opaque color, when it was dry, it had dried a beautiful gold color, but not quite the color I needed for this project.  When dry, the Gold Memory Mist and the Gold Metallic paste were almost the same color and hard to see.  To solve the problem, I colored over the Metallic Paste with Copic Sketch marker R59.  I love the result.  The color of the sentiment is beautiful in person.

I hope you have a very Merry Holiday Season!!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

very pretty my friend. Love the clean lines and colors...so cool. Merry Christmas my friend

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

This is lovely Wendy! Quite elegant in the simplicity of the stencil itself...if I do say so myself.LOL!

sommrstamping said...

WOW Wendy this is really pretty. I love the way the copic marker looks over the gold paste, beautiful card.

Liz Martin said...

Great combination of products and techniques, Wendy. The sentiment really pops! Happy holidays.

Pam Hornschu said...

Great color scheme to do CAS with! Such pretty shimmer on the background from the MM! Hugs, Wendy!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, lovely card!

Laura Drahozal said...

Nice and simple! Good work!

Louise said...

Pretty card Wendy. Merry Christmas!