Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dreamweaver Stencil's Dream Team Thursday!!!

Good morning!!
Welcome to Dream Scheme Thursday!!!
Our challenge this week is Designer Choice or Free Theme!!

I had a bit of fun with Dreamweaver Stencils new Color Solutions Artist Grade Alcohol Ink!
I used a "smoosh" technique, at least I think that is what it is called!

I put a few drops of Iceberg, Blue Velvet and Sizzling Silver on my teflon craft sheet. I then layed my Glossy card stock , glossy side down in the inks and swirled the paper over the top of the inks. When I lifted off the paper the bluish, silvery swirl was present on the paper.
Once the inks were dry ( I sat them aside for 5 minutes or so), I pasted the Sleigh and Reindeer (LL556) stencil with Glossy Black Embossing Paste. While the paste was still wet, I sprinkled a bit of Moonstone Metallic FX Powder and silver glitter over the top of the wet paste and set it aside to dry.
Once the paste was dry, I removed all the excess glitter and Metallic FX with a Swiffer duster (my secret weapon). I sprinkled a few bits of Chunky White Embossing Enamel and heat embossed quickly from underneath the paper. I stamped Christmas Greetings with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.

I had fun with it at least!

Since this is free theme week, I'd love for your to make any Dreamweaver creation and link it up to Dream It Up!! The entire Dream Team will stop by your blog and give you lots of love!!!

Check out what the other team members have been up to this week...










Thanks for stopping by!!
See you tomorrow!!
Supplies:
Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific), Glossy Cardstock (Bazzill Basics)
Stencil: Sleigh & Reindeer (Dreamweaver Stencils)
Stamps: Christmas Greetings (Stampendous)
Extras: White Embossing Enamel, white embossing powder (Stampendous);
Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko); Iceberg, Blue Velvet, Sizzling Silver Color Solutions Ink (Dreamweaver Stencils)

<span class=

12 comments:

Lillian Child said...

This is SO lovely!!

sommrstamping said...

Wendy ... this card is awesome I have been thinking about using the alcohol inks with this stencil. I love your card Santa will be here soon. I also love your card below with the fairy with the black hair, you did a great job with the hair.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is so beautiful...

Louise said...

Cool card Wendy, I really like how the Moonstone FX and silver glitter work together on the sleigh! Very pretty.

Liz Martin said...

"Smooshing" is a fun way to create backgrounds with alcohol inks and you've done a great job with it. It's a perfect fit for the image and sentiment. Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I searched for one on facebook or twitter but could not discover one, I'd really like to become a fan!
[url=http://androidphone7.livejournal.com/]Android Phones[/url]

Pam Hornschu said...

Beautiful! Love the deep swirly blue, the flecks of white, and Santa's sparkly sleigh! I finally bought one of those Ranger mats, so I have to try your technique with the Color Solutions!

Laura Drahozal said...

You have a beautiful card here, Wendy (as usual). It seems very magical, quite appropriate for Santa!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Wendy, I love the northern lights effect for the background.

Cyndi said...

Absolutely lovely card! You just have to get out of my head and stop taking my ideas....lolololol JK. You did a little more with it than I had in mind.

Kristi Parker Van Doren said...

totally amazing girl! I love it all! Love the santa and sliegh...and thanks for the b-day wishes! your rock

Terrece said...

Wendy this card is gorgeous!! Looks like it would have taken a lot more work than it actually dis. I will be trying this one.