Friday, February 4, 2011

Dreamweaver CASE Study


Hi there!!! A few weeks ago, I ran across a really interesting challenge blog called CASE Study.
Each month they pick a MUSE and that MUSE designs a card that all the participants CASE (I am not sure what that acronym says, but I know that CASE is to make your own rendition of someones original project). This months MUSE is Eva Dobilas. You can see her card HERE.

This is the first chance that I have had to play along.
While at CHA, my Dreamweaver Stencil Design sisters inspired me to no end. I was so torn, I didn't want to leave CHA, but on the other hand couldn't wait to get home to start creating.

This card was inspired by a pasting demonstration by Laura Drahozal and Lynell Harlow. They simply pasted the new Damask Stencil (LX7001) with Glossy Red Embossing Paste and while the gloss was still wet, sprinkled micro fine Jewel Glitz Deep Purple Glitter (by Elizabeth Crafts) over the top. Once it was dry, shake off the excess, and then with a stiff bristled brush or I used my pasting palette knife, scrap off even more glitter. This is so the red glossy paste can peek through the glitter. If you look closely at the photo, you can see the edges of the damask are red.

Around the edge of the card, I used the same LX 7001 Damask Stencil, and stenciled red pigment ink through it, from there I used the Stampee Crafts Holographic foil and Stuck On You Bonding Powder. If you look closely again, you can see some holographic design. In person, you can see the holographic around the entire edge.


Here are the supplies used to make my card:

Card Stock: White Daisy (CTMH), Purple Shimmer (Wausau)
Embossing Paste: Glossy Red, Transparent Paste (Dreamweaver Stencils)
Glitter: Micro Fine Deep Purple Jewel Glitz Ritz (Elizabeth Crafts)
Stamps: Love Notes (Verve)
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink (Stampin' Up)
Extras: Punch (Stampin' Up), Detail Embossing Powder (Stampendous), Rhinestones (craft supply), satin ribbon (Stampin' Up), holographic foils (Stampee Crafts)

Thanks so much for taking a peek today. I hope you will have time to play along with the CASE Study challenge.

Have a suppa DAY!!


<span class=

11 comments:

Melyssa said...

Elegant card, your take on the sketch is very unique and beautiful.

Melyssa said...

Elegant card, your take on the sketch is very unique and beautiful.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow, Wendy, you have been very busy....Gorgeous card for all your efforts!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wow, Wendy, you have been very busy....Gorgeous card for all your efforts!

Crystal said...

Wendy this is TOTALLY Fabulous!! Great colors OOO and your stamping is AWESOME!!!

Kristi said...

very nice job Wendy! Love it!

Barb Turpin said...

Great card Wendy...I think I remember someone saying that Case is copy and share everything...?

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, this card is so rich and full of colour! I love you take :) Thank you so much for playing with us!! xxx

Jean Martin said...

Oooh this is beautifully rich and elegant! I love the combination! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

Eva said...

This is sooooo beautiful...so love the elegant look! Thanks for taking the challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

i love this card! its beautiful with black n red! gorgeous!