Thursday, July 5, 2012

Dreamweaver Stencils July Summer Challenge






Dreamweaver Stencils is hosting a Summer themed challenge this month.  All of our creations are going to be "summery".

Today I want to share a care I made for the May Dreamweaver Stencils release.

I used a fun technique called Ink Transfer.




















I used the Stylized Dahlia (LG743) for the Ink Transfer technique and the Art Nouveau Background (LX7015) was air brushed with Copic Sketch Markers.

Start your Ink Transfer Technique with glossy card stock, stencil of your choice and Memory Mist Spray Inks.  Use a three sided box to spray your stencils in, to protect your other projects and desk.

I lay three to four paper towels in the bottom of my three sided box and lay the stencil upside down.  Spray the ink onto the stencil from 12-16 inches above the stencil.  Once your stencil is inked as you desire, carefully pick up your stencil and place it on a clean, dry paper towel, inky side up.

Lay your glossy cardstock, glossy side down onto the inked stencil.  Apply minimal pressure with your fingers to "transfer" the ink onto the paper.  Carefully remove paper from the stencil, set aside and allow the ink to dry.

Walllah!!!

 I am starting to think that this may be my most favorite stenciling technique.  Not only is it easy to achieve gorgeousness, the effects are different every time.

Please be so kind as to take a peek at my Design Team Sister's blogs this week and see how they were challenged by Dreamweaver's Summer Themed Challenge!!!

Get Inspired!!

Lynell Harlow - Dream It Up
Pam Hornshcu
Laura Drahozal
Louise Healy
Georgia Somers
Terrece Siddoway
Kristi Van Doren
Liz Martin
Cyndi Bundy
Jessie Hurley
Cheryl Lynn Moser
Lee Kellogg

Pin It

9 comments:

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Wendy...I love the contrast you've achieved with the flower color and that background! Definitely summery too.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

this is stunning!

Cherylynn said...

Great job Wendy. I love the colors you chose and your tutorial is awesome. Thanks!

Jessie Hurley said...

LOVE, LOVE, Love it!

Liz Martin said...

You're right! This is a fun technique with gorgeous results. Beautiful card, Wendy.

Anonymous said...

Lovely Wendy, you make the ink transfer seem sooo easy, it never works so cleanly for me. Well done!

Louise said...

Wow, you did a great job with this ink transfer! Beautiful!

Pam Hornschu said...

Great contrast on your ink transfer! I'll have to try doing it this way.

Laura Drahozal said...

Wendy, this is very cool. First of all, I hadn't ever thought about that stencil behind another. It is a very pretty frame. The Dahlia is so "slurpy" and summery. It is just beautiful!