Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Good morning crafty peeps!
Today is Father's Day and I wanted to post the Father's Day cards that I made for the Father's in my life!!

My first card is for my FABULOUS husband!!  He is such a great Father.  He never ceases to amaze me!


Now that I am looking at this picture, that doily really doesn't play into this manly theme.  Whoops!

My husband lives and works all year long so he can have most of September to November available for hunting.  He loves is and his annual Elk hunting trip is his favorite.  
I found this silhouette of an Elk ironically enough for the Silhouette Cameo.  
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Loft, Bazzill Basics Paper
Stamps: Stampenodous
Die Cut: Silhouette Cameo
Ink: Tsukineko

Next is my Father!  What a full of life fun guy.  I am so blessed to have Hal as my Father.  My Father loves to boat on the lake and fish.


This fun stacked, stamped card was created with Flourishes Antique Map background stamp, which you can purchase from my website, Montana Craft Guild.  The stacked stamping is an easy technique to achieve that doesn't take any longer than stamping a regular image.
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill Basics Paper
Stamps: Flourishes, Stampendous
Ink: Tsukineko
Extras: Tim Holtz Ideaology, Creative Impressions

Last but defiantly not least is my Father -In- Law!!  He loves old cars and has his first car, which is a 32 Ford that he will soon start to restore.  This older image from Tim Holtz is perfect for him...


This background was easy to achieve with Clear Embossing Powder, Distress Stains and a spritzer of water.
First I stamped the clocks with embossing ink, sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top and heat set.  I applied a few colors of Distress Stain, spritzed with water and heat set.  I then stamped the background and the car.  The sentiment is an older Stampin' Up image. 

Thank you for taking the time today to take a peek at my Father's Day cards.  I hope you have a fabulous Father's Day!!



Pin It

2 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

I love how you personalized each card to their interests...lovely job on all 3 Wendy!

KarenH said...

Would love to know name brand of the clock used for your Father in Law card.