ARE TEAMING UP THE ENTIRE MONTH OF JUNE TO BRING YOU AN AMAZING CREATIVE COLLABORATION MIXING DREAMWEAVER STENCILS AND ART GLITTER. COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE...WE PROMISE IT WILL BE A SPARKLING ONE!
In addition to posting my video and step by step instructions in this blog post. I took a few extra pictures this week while creating my card.
I gathered all of my supplies
- Hawaiian Coconut Soap
- Double Sided Mounting Paper
- Glitter Scoop
- Christmas Tree Stencil LG 746
|Stencil before adding Soap|
|Stencil after adding|
Using my Glitter Scoop, I added just bits of certain colors of glitter where I wanted. I love the Doodlebug Glitter Scoop, because of the great precision you get.
More precision applying of glitter. Love the Doodlebug Glitter Scoop.
Finished front card panel.
Season's Greetings in July!! With untraditional colors. Ha!!
Last week I created a video using the Double Glitter Technique. I am a visual learner, so I hope the video will make it easier for you to understand this easy technique.
1) Apply soap to the back of your stencil. The stencil is going to be placed on Double Sided Mounting Paper and the soap will prevent the stencil from sticking to the paper. Apply a generous amount of soap. I like to add just a bit more when I think I have applied enough.
2) Place stencil, soap side onto the Double Sided Mounting Paper. Save the protective backing from the paper, to press onto the top of your stencil to ensure that is properly adhered.
3) Apply glitter in desired areas, with desired colors. Again, use the backing from the Double Sided Mounting Paper to press onto the top of the glitter and stencil to adhere as much glitter as you can. Use a Glitter Magnet or Swiffer Duster to pick up excess bits of glitter from your project. This is an important step. The tiny bits of glitter will sit on top of the project or pile into the small crevices of the stencil, when the stencil is removed, the bits of glitter will fly to undesired area’s on the exposed Double Sided Mounting Paper.
4) Remove stencil from Double Sided Mounting Paper and sprinkle a white or transparent glitter on the rest of the exposed, adhesive area of the paper.
If you’re interested in a PDF version of the Double Glitter Technique, please leave me you’re email address and I would be happy to email the step by step directions to you.
Visit the Art Glitter blog and the Dream It Up! blog for fabulous inspiration from both talented design teams. We are encouraging all of you to play along with the challenge of creating with Dreamweaver Stencils and Art Glitter*, preferably using the Double-Glitter Technique with a wedding theme. Just link your creation to the Mr. Linky on the Dream It Up! blog, or email pics to firstname.lastname@example.org, for an opportunity to win one of four fabulous glitter and stencil prize packages. One winner will be chosen each week. (US and Canada only, please).
For more inspiration from the Art Glitter design team, please visit their blog for a complete list of players throughout the month.
For more inspiration from the Dream Team, here's the blog list for this week:
*For the month of June Art Glitter is selling 1 oz jars of glitter for $5.98 (regular price $7.32)! Get the deets HERE!