Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Skipping Stones Designs Featured Set of the Month Blog Hop!!!

 

Welcome to Sketch Challenge # 102 and Blog hop to Feature our  Stamp Set of the Month, Rustic Tiles!   Rustic Tiles is a versatile set, that you are about to see from our Design Team.  If you just came from JoAnn’s blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today, start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.
Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs.  This month we are welcoming Jimmi Mayo, Betsy Veldman and Jessica Griffin to our team as Guest Designers! Chan Vuong will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop!

Here is my card….

SSD102

and Chan’s sketch…

SSD102

This was such an interesting sketch.  I was able to use Rustic Tiles, a set of six stamps.  One of the stamps resembles a snowflake.  I simple stamped in the new Distress Ink Festive Berries (limited edition for winter from Ranger) around the edge.  I only used half of the stamp to create the border.  The sentiment is from Wise Men.  The sentiment is horizontal, so I broke it up with tape and stamped individual words.

Did I mention that Rustic Tiles is on sale this month for $12.49!!  What a steal!!!

Now for the hop…

Chan Vuong

Wendy Price

Jingle

Jessica Griffin

Katie Gehring

Shannon Teubner

Betsy Veldman

Kandi Phillips

Karen Baker

Jimmi Mayo

Stephanie Mino

Joann Valderama

Wendy Jordan

You have reached the end of the hop, run back to Skipping Stones Designs to join in the fun of our weekly sketch challenge. You could win a FREE stamp set for playing!!

Thanks for stopping by today!!  I hope you have a great day!!

17 comments:

Jingle said...

So pretty, Wendy!

Jessica Griffin said...

Love your card Wendy! It DOES look like we got together!! :)

wendyp said...

This is so pretty Wendy! Loving those images stamped in red!

Miriam Prantner said...

This card is beautiful! Love how you used the tiles to great the frame. Thanks!

camishel said...

Beautiful card

Kai said...

So perfectly, quietly, beautifully elegant! And the tiny touches of 'bling' are JUST RIGHT!

Katie Gehring said...

This is so striking and stunning! Lovely card. I have to get my hands on Wise Men soon, very soon! :o)

Anonymous said...

As much as I have enjoyed seeing all the cards on the hop, I think this is my favorite! Lovely card!
Hugs,
Karen C

Karen B. said...

Wendy, this design is so striking! What a perfect holiday card. I'm in awe.

sammi said...

This new set is awesome, and so is your card! I love the projects from the entire team!

Indy's Designs said...

I love how you used the rustic tile stamps to create a border. This is an amazing card!

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

This is really beautiful. I like the way you used the tile stamp around the edge like that to create a border. Gorgeous!

Becky Dunham said...

Absolutely gorgeous Wendy! I love the way you used this stamp around the edge and Wise Men is one of my favorite sets although I don't own it. Yet. Thanks for sharing this fabulous design!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Super pretty! Love the colors! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is incredible Wendy! I love the pairing of the sentiment and star with this tile set! Great job Wendy!

Chrisd said...

What a CAS but gorgeous card you created for the terrific hop. Thanks a bunch!

kingstonmama said...

Pretty card. I like how you framed the edges with the red snowflakes. Ann Y.