Saturday, April 24, 2010

Working on Mother's Day Cards


Good morning!!

Hubs and I made is back from Las Vegas in one piece!! Thank goodness that is over for another year. Every time I go to LV, it takes me a week to recover! Not enough sleep, a bit to much to drink, to much money spent, etc, etc, etc.

I have taken some of my time this week to work on some Mother's Day cards. It is fast approaching, and knowing me, if I don't get a jump start, I won't get it done.

On Monday I got some new product from Stencils with Style, that I was dying to try. I have recently been introduced to Dreamweaver Brass stencils and embossing pastes. I absolutely love them. They are so fun and easy to use.

In my package on Monday I had some stencils and some Metallic FX powder. It is a shimmer that you sprinkle over your embossing pastes when it is drying. Great effect, that a photo cannot give justice to.

The cardstock I used is a beautiful pink shimmer paper that I purchased in Hawaii at Island Paperie. This paper that is their own signature brand, is so beautiful. I bought it in pink, green and copper. I love it. Once again, a photo cannot describe. If you love shimmery paper, I would definitely check out their website. They ship from Maui and FAST also!!

Here is what I used:
Cardstock: Island Paperie, Basic Black (Stampin' Up); Stamps: Well Scripted (Stampin' Up); Brass Stencil: Dreamweavers; Embossing Pastes: Dreamweaver Glossy Black; Metallic FX: Moonflicker; Dies: Birds & Blooms (Stampin' Up), Labels 11 (Spellbinders); Ribbon: 5/8 Black Satin (Stampin' Up); Ink: Versamark; Detail Black Embossing Powder

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. Your comments keep me inspired. I would love to hear what you have to say about my card.

I hope you have a super weekend!!

No comments: