Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall into Fall with Flair and Zva Creative


Good morning!! Today I am posting for Paper Craft Planet and Zva Creative Fall into Fall with Flair!!


The Paper Craft Planet Super Nova's have been given the opportunity to create fabulousness with wonderful Zva Creative products.

I recently bought a new home and I am already dreaming of my holiday decorating so I chose to "bling" up an old vase that I have had for years.


Stamping on glass with Stampendous Cling Jumbo stamps is cool and very simple to achieve. I applied Versamark Watermark onto the beautiful scroll included in the Cling Jumbo Dahlia Stamp set by Stampendous.


 Without using an acrylic stamp blog, I placed the stamp on the glass and pushed down by placing my fingers on the back of the stamp.  However, Versamark is slipperier on glass than it is on paper, so be careful not to push to hard, or the stamp with smear, BUT if is does, don't panic, wipe the Versamark off with a damp cloth, dry the area and start over.

I stamped and embossed around the bottom of the vase and added Aged Bronze Embossing Enamel to each image.  Once I sprinkled the enamels to the vase, I heat set if with my heat tool.


Zva Creative was really thinking when they decided to adhere their beautiful flourishes to acetate in the packaging.  It makes the process of WHERE to adhere the flourish easy.  I love being able to see exactly where I will be placing my bling!!


I love how this turned out.  I really wanted to be able to take a picture of my Thanksgiving table for this post, with my "new"  vase, but like I said before, I recently moved and all of my holiday decor has been placed in a pile in the garage.  Ugh.

I know that my table decor will knock the socks off of my guests...when the time comes.


 I was loving my Zva Creative bling and having such a ball, I decided to create a card as well.

 Lisa Somerville is hosting The Planet's Sketch Challenge this week, so I decided to create a card using her sketch, Zva Creative bling, Canvas Corp Handmade Paper and Stampendous stamps and Embossing Tinsel.


 I created a card base of kraft colored paper and stamped the Cling Queen Crown (CRP113) from Stampendous with Versafine Vintage Sepia ink onto the background.  With  a Versamark Pen, I added embossing ink to a few areas on the crown, sprinkled Vintage Mahogany Embossing Powder and heat set. I cut my Handmade Paper from Canvas Corp to the desired size with a mat, adhered over the stamped background of the card base.  I stamped my sentiment, Cling Cherish Family (CRQ164), added a bit of color around the edge with Distress Ink and adhered it to the card base.  Last but not least, I added a smaller Zva Creative flourish to the base.

 

  Zva Creative produces many beautiful color groupings of high quality pearls, flowers and crystal embellishments that can be used on scrapbooking, card making and mixed media projects. Visit Zva’s gallery or blog for great project ideas and to find a list of stores and online retailers that sell Zva click HERE. Want to win some Zva Creative  goodies of your own?  You can win the product featured here by leaving a comment on this post and we will pick one lucky winner at the end of the week.


Pin It

2 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

What a creative way to use your Zva gems!! Love it!!

Karen Letchworth said...

I don't know why, but I can't seem to find your post for the Sweet-n-Sassy blog hop. I looked through your blog, but just can't locate it.
Oh well, I enjoyed what I saw while I was here.
Blessings,
Karen L