Thursday, May 10, 2012

Skipping Stones Designs Tips & Trick Thursday…Stamping on Acetate

Good morning!

Today I am sharing a  not so secret, secret to stamping on acetate!!  It is really all in the ink!!!

Here are my supplies:

Acetate, Skipping Stones Designs Beautiful Botanicals stamp set, Color Solutions Alcohol Inks by Dreamweaever Stencils, Felt Applicator and protection for my stamped surface.

I cut a 2 by 3 rectangle of acetate.

I applied a few drops of  Color Solutions Iceberg Ink to my felt applicator and started adding color to one side of the acetate.

I added a few drops Color Solutions Aspen Leaf Alcohol Ink to the felt applicator and daubed under the first color.

For years I stamped on Acetate, to reveal a black smeared image that I was disappointed in.  I was told  Memories Ink by Stewart Superior  would not smear on Acetate and of course, I had to see it to believe it.

Before stamping on the acetate, you will want to stamp on the side of the acetate that doesn't have alcohol ink on it.

I added Memories Ink to my clear stamp and placed it on my Acetate surface.  Low and behold....NO SMEARING!!

♥happiest girl in the world♥

PERFECTO!!!

Using a rectangle nestabilities die, I cut a rectangle out of the front panel of my card and then another rectangle out of a piece of a bit smaller cardstock.  I adhered my stamped acetate in the open rectangle of the front panel.  To give the inside a finished look, I adhered the second window panel of cardstock over the edges of acetate.

The finished product....

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

See you next time!!

Pin It

3 comments:

Jingle said...

Awesome!

Melinda Gleissner said...

I LOVE this card! Thanks for the step-by-step.

Unknown said...

How beautiful is this card Wendy , thank you for the hints Hugs Elaine