Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dreamweaver Stencil Thanksgiving Day Parade

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Welcome to Dreamweaver Stencils Thanksgiving Day Parade!!! Instead of beautiful floats flowing down the streets, the Dreamweaver Stencil Dream Team will be flowing through the waves of the Internet with their GORGEOUS creations!!

Our hopes is that the we put a bit of Christmas cheer in your step!!


This simply stated card was made using metallic blue card stock, Dreamweaver's Branch and Berries Stencil LJ900, translucent embossing paste and Moonstone Metallic FX.

After the Translucent embossing paste is dry, I used Palette Glue pad to daub on the "berries and I brushed on Metallic FX.

Next...

Once again, another simple card, but so bold. I used a gorgeous copper card stock for the background paper, using Dreamweaver's Pine Cone Stencil LG675, Regular Embossing Paste and Amber Gold Metallic FX.
On a paper plate, I mixed the Metallic FX with the Regular Embossing paste to get a color that was very consistent with my background paper, I then embossed the stencil with the paste and let dry. After the paste was dry, placed the Pine Cone stencil back over the embossed image and I daubed Palette Glue Pad on the image and using a 1/8 inch stencil brush, brushed Amber Gold Metallic FX over the top of the glue for a shimmery image! The results are stunning!!

If you live in the Missoula, Montana area, this card will be demonstrated on December 9th at Memory Lane Scrapbooking by ME!!!!

Thank you for stopping by today on this wonderful Thanksiving!! Please take the time to visit the other Dream Team's blogs for some more gorgeous eye candy!!!










Happy Thanksgiving!! I am thankful for many things everyday!! Today thank you for stopping by and saying hi!! I love reading your comments, please let me know what you think of my Christmas inspiration!!!


<span class=

12 comments:

Kristi said...

I can think of nothing to say other that WOW...great job

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Such Unique Techniques today! Wish I lived in western Montana and could take some of your classes. And learn to make those bows too!

Laura Drahozal said...

Truly breathtaking, Wendy! Oh my! They look like one of those beautiful presents that you just don't want to open because the wrapping is so fantastic, but that you want to open because of the promise of such fabulous things inside. I really love these!

Deborah March said...

Both cards are beautifully done, but ooohhh, LOVE that pine cone card in particular...SPLENDID!!!

Terrece said...

Your Blue card is incredible. I love the shiny, vibrant blue. I will be trying stamp lift this idea!!!

Lee Kellogg said...

Beautiful and impressive, the cards are just wonderful.

sommrstamping said...

Wendy...I love both your cards, the present, wow I love the way it looks and you do such beautiful bows. I absolutely love the pinecones they're so soft and pretty. Have a great Turkey day.

Louise said...

Very pretty, I love the pinecones!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love them both, Wendy! Wish I could see the copper one in person! I love copper. The branch card feels like outside in a cold sparkly winter night.

Marijane said...

Both cards are just stunning. I particularly like the first blue/silver combo. I think blue and white or silver make lovely holiday cards. Your cards just "shimmer."

Liz Martin said...

I really like your use of icy cool and warm tones in the two cards. Very elegant. Great job, Wendy

Gail said...

Your cards are beautiful. The copper one would be my favourite but the blue one is beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing.