Monday, September 20, 2010

A few challenges along the way....

This week the Play Date Cafe threw an interesting color combination at me......

It took me a bit to bring it all together, but I am pleased with the end result. Hurry over to the cafe....the deadline is Tuesday evening!!

The fabby, offset scalloped paper I used is from October Afternoon and when I saw it at the store a few days ago...I knew exactly where it was going.... the new Moxie Fab World Challenge. You have until October 4th to get in on the fun over there!! Why not give it a try!!


The whole inspiration for my little beauty was this great sketch from GET SKETCHY. I have been playing along with these guys for a few weeks now and I am really starting to love their sketches!! Fun, fun, fun...
Now, here are the goods.....

OMGoodness, I am loving that background paper!!!!

Here is a list of the rest of the supplies that I used:
Card Stock: Red Riding Hood, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
Patterned Paper: Sprinklers (October Afternoon)
Stamps: Just A Note (Just Rite Stampers)
Ink: Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up)
Dies: Fancy Tags, Labels 9 (Spellbinders)
Extras: Puff Paint (craft supply); lace & twine (craft supply)

Thanks for taking a look today! I hope you have a super day!

If you love sketches as much as I do, check in tomorrow for Sketch Tuesday from Skipping Stones Designs. There will be a new stamp set introduced and a new sketch!!

See you then!

<span class=

12 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Another terrific entry for The Play Date Cafe, Wendy...really love how you incorporated all your elements...glad to have you with us again!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Wendy!! I so love your colors and the layout with all the dies and dp!! Gorgeous!!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

i've told you that aqua in any shape or form is my favorite color haven't I??? That paper is to die for...well maybe not to die for, but to live for. Lovely Wendy!

Pam Hornschu said...

I'm with Lynell on the aqua. Have it in my bedroom, bathroom, and a brighter version in my "studio"! Great card, Wendy!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, love how you framed your sentiment. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW--I agree! That background paper is so fab! I love that scalloped tag/die cut---LOVE it! Great creation using our color story! So glad you joined in the fun this week:) THANKS for playing along with us at the PDCC:}

Suzanne C said...

Very elegant! Love the paper and the die cut. Glad you joined us at the PDCC.

Faye said...

Oh, I love it. You made that difficult color combination look so natural and beautiful.

Sarah Anderson said...

Fabulous depth to this card - it looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at the cafe :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Wendy! Love the look of that embossed image around your sentiment, it give such depth and adds such elegance! Great job with the color story...thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

PapierGirl said...

Gorgeous - you really made these colors work for you! The embossing really creates such an elegance to this card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at GS! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Wendy! Thanks for entering the Offset Scallop Gallop Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)