Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Simple Gift Creations with Quietfire Designs Digital Cutting Files

 It is my turn to share on the Quietfire Designs Blog!!

Today I am sharing a simple gift creation using Quietfire Designs digital files, a Silhouette Cameo digital cutting machine and software and vinyl.


This entire post was RIDDLED with technical difficulties on the user's  (ME) part.  The video below is a screen video of the file being  created in the Silhouette Cameo Designer Edition software.  I had plans of actually videoing the creation of the gift, BUT my wonderful son borrowed my video camera over the weekend and left it with a dead battery.  Gotta love sharing!!!

Anyhoooo…onto the important stuff…..



The file has been created and is being cut by a Silhouette Cameo.  I used red Oracal 651 vinyl.  I am applying the design to the glass of a 5 x 7 photo frame and I don't anticipate any harsh condition for the gift, but none the less, 651 will do the trick.


Here is the design after being weeded and transfer paper has been applied.  
I used R Choice Clear Transfer Sheets.  They are the perfect amount of tack for any project.



The design has been applied the glass and has been burnished.  The blue tool to the right is a burnishing tool.  I rub it over the design to adhere the adhesive from the vinyl to the glass.



See how easily the transfer paper comes off of the design and the glass.  Piece of cake.


Remember in the video how I flipped the design horizontally for cutting?  Now that the design is right way, can you see that you can't feel the vinyl on the outside of the glass?  

The finished gift!!  
I placed a white piece of card stock on the back of the design, but one of my favorite things to do is create a "floating" frame.  It is so simple.  Hot glue the glass to the frame from the inside and leave the back of the frame off.  You can then hang your frame not the wall and it looks as if the frame and design are floating.


Thank you so much for watching and reading along.  I apologize for the not having the second part of my project on video.  Dang kiddos!!

Enjoy your week and I will see you next time!!!



Pin It

No comments: