Friday, November 15, 2013

Quietfire Design November Guest Designer

Happy Friday!!  


I love Susanne's designs from the Silhouette America store.  I think by now, I own them all!!!  The Christmas Tree Calligraphic image available at the Silhouette America Store is also an image from the Christmas is the Day set of nine stamps.



I used a dark card stock and I will explain why in a moment.
The settings I used on the machine were for plain card stock

  • Speed 3
  • Thickness 33
  • Blade 3



With a bit of spray adhesive on the back I placed my die cuts where I wanted them on my card stock.  I them colored the entire sheet with my Copic Air Brush system.  I used an array of greens until I achieved my desired color.


Desired color and airbrushing complete.


To finish the card panel I stated both sizes of trees from the Christmas is the Day set in between my masked trees.  The Merry Christmas is also from the same set.  I stamped and heat embossed on vellum and added a bit of brown ink to the vellum.


The reason I like to use dark card stock as masks is that I can add color over the top, as in this case, I cut black Christmas trees, was able to air brush over the entire top of them with multiple shades of green and I am still able to use them as black trees on a different card.  The sentiment is another Quietfire Design, Hold on to the Spirit of Christmas.

Thank you for joining me today!!  I hope you enjoyed this post!!
Happy Stamping and cutting!!

Pin It

No comments: