Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!!! Dreamweaver Stencils Dream Team Thursday

Happy 2013!!  I hope you had a fabulous Holiday Season, filled with Family and Friends!!

What are you resolutions in 2013!!  I hope you have room on your list for Dreamweaver Stencil monthly Challenges.

January has a great challenge, that leaves a lot open to the imagination.  The challenge is a Fresh Start.  The perfect challenge for this time of year.  We are challenging  you to create with a new baby, new job, a resolution.  Anything that is a  fresh start for you, even if this is your first time creating with Dreamweaver Stencils, that is a fresh (and HAPPY) start.

The card I created today is a Fresh Start with three "Fresh" meanings behind it.  The stencil that I have chosen to create with this month is my FAVORITE of all time and I used it today in a very Clean and Simple Way.  The second "Fresh" is that this is post one of four in how we can take this stencil, from this simple technique and each Thursday of January, I am going to progress the technique to make this stencil a WOWZer of a card (WOWZER being my opinion, haha).

For the third part of my Fresh Start, nothing is more beautiful than waking up in the morning to fresh fallen snow, undisturbed, cold and sparkly (if the sun is shining just right).  Today  my card reminds me of those mornings.

The sentiment "Celebrate" is how I feel for this coming year.  I am so excited to see where my life takes in me in 2013.  I have a feeling that I am going to have something to "celebrate" this year.  I can't wait!!


I dry embossed the Bare Tree's Stencil (LJ849) and Celebrate Script (LS90) with The Big Shot and simply added a bit of ink around the edges of the card base and sentiment panel.

Supplies Used:
Stencils: Bare Trees (LJ849), Celebrate Script (LS90) (Dreamweaver Stencils)
Ink: Tumbled Glass Distress (Ranger)
Ribbon: Bazzill Basics,
Pin: Maya Road

All of my fellow Dream Team Sisters are sharing their Fresh Start this week.  Please take a few minutes to see what they are up to...

Cherylynn Moser
Cyndi Bundy
Georgia Somers
Kristi Van Doren
Laura Drahozal
Lee Kellogg
Liz Martin
Louise Healy
Lynell Harlow - Dream It Up
Pam Hornschu
Terrece Siddoway

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lynell Harlow tomorrow!!!  When you're on her blog today or tomorrow, please wish her a Happy Birthday!!!



Pin It

6 comments:

sommrstamping said...

Wendy what a beautifully elegant card. I love the snow when it has just fallen and the day is sunny. this is not something I get to see often living in the East Bay but I was at my sister's one Easter and it was beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful year and I hope I will see you at CHA.

Liz Martin said...

This is stunningly (I'm making up words today) elegant in its simplicity. And I like your idea of taking a stencil from basic to advanced techniques. Works great in classes. Looking forward to seeing you next week.

Louise said...

Absolutely beautiful Wendy! Simplicity is often the most eyecatching! Happy New Year, see you soon.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I can't wait to see what you do next week...thank you for this beautiful idea and creation!

Pam Hornschu said...

I just love this concept. Makes me think...(hear the gears grinding?)...fun idea. Beautiful card. I love the simplicity of white on white. That little touch of color on the ribbon (hey, isn't that one of the ribbons that we bought last year at CHA?) is just perfect!

Caroline D. said...

Stunning and elegant!! I'll have to look at my stencils in a different way now! thanks for sharing