Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I am making the most of my ONE day off this week...

HI everyone! I got up really early this morning and right away started on some cards for a few challenges that I wanted to participate in. I visit so many blogs that have such great fun challenges, I wish I could participate in all of them. Unfortunetly, there is this thing called work that I have to do!

This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Blog Challenge . We were asked to use green and yellow.


I was really trying hard to use current Stampin' Up products from our current catalog, BUT...I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. After that, I used whatever I could, Rik Rak, unknown brads, Spellbinders. Here is a product list:


Cardstock: Glorious Green, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, Whisper White (Stampin' Up); Stamps: Oval All, Gallery, Friendly Words Stampin' Wheel ( Stampin' Up); Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots; Die Cuts: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic and Scalloped Rectangles; Ink: Glorious Green, Green Galore Ink & Marker (Stampin' Up); Brads & RicRak (unknown)

The next cards is my take on the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge


I usually don't make cards with cute images like so many of the gals that I admire. I am just not good at coloring with inks. After I got this all put together and I thought that the flowers and the paper looked so good together, I realized that my colored angel doesn't even match the rest of the card.....DRATS!

Again, I was trying to be 100% current Stampin' Up, but not thinking, I used the Martha Stewert lattice border punch. I was so close.

Cardstock: Sahara Sand, So Saffon, Whisper White ( Stampin' Up); Patterned Paper: Parisan Summer (Stampin' Up); Ink: Stazon Black, So Saffon, Watercolor Pencils, Yoyo Yellow Marker, Blush Blossoms (Stampin' Up); Die Cuts: Trio Flower Punc, (Stampin' Up); Lattice Border punch (Martha Stewert); Flowers: Accents & Elements ( Stampin' Up); Mat Pack Paper Piercing stencil; Stamps: If The Halo Fits, Yummy (SAB)

Thanks for taking a look today! Hopefully I will be back later with MORE CARDS!!! YAH!

One more thing....The new Technique Junkies April/May edition is AWESOME. There are really cool techniques in there. For more information on becoming a Technique Junkie, click here!






13 comments:

Diana said...

I think the card is GREAT!!! (The colors are lovely!)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wendy I miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did your additional DT goodies ever come?
Heidi

Thanks so much for participating in our challenge!

Tracy said...

I really like the bright colors! They make me happy!

Vickie said...

Super cute cards! You did a great job on both.

MJ said...

Funny how hard it is to use 100% current SU. That is what I love about my Your Hired Series, it is a challenge, lol. Your cards are both adorable. Great details. Thanks so much for playing along in my sketch challenge.

Anonymous said...

love the green and yellow, very springy, thanks for sharing

debby4000 said...

fabulous cards, but love the elegance of the first one.
Luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful cards :-) The 1st one is particularly beaufiful :-)
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine

Iris said...

I like both cards but I prefer the first one.
Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

Karen Lee said...

Terrific cards!

Pouky said...

I also prefer the first card. Love the dots embossed paper.

Ila said...

Both of these cards are Gorgeous!!...Hugs, Ila

Unknown said...

I love my card! :) Thank you so much!

I will get to working on your new header at some point this week, since I finally have the free time!